bash undocumented syntax error

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 13 18:08:06 UTC 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

> The man page has nothing on unexpected end of file in it; searching for
> unexpected in that man page provides no mention of unexpected.

Possibly I've missed the context for this if it's a new thread resulting
from a previous one (I am not up-to-date on this list).

The error seems pretty self-explanatory.  Bash expected more input when it
reached the end.

I would expect that it was either looking for a closing quote (single or
double) or a closing bracket of some sort.

what are you trying to do?

Cheers,
Geoff.