Pandoc and links as endnotes

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 13 18:39:56 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

In the past I have seen e-mails where references are numbered in the
main body of the text, like this(1), and the URL or bibliographical
information of that reference is placed at the end of the email body
with the right number of course.

I have tried to achieve this links-as-notes effect using pandoc and
exporting markdown to txt, as well as markdown to rst, and neither of
these options generate links as endnotes as described above. This is
despite the fact that I tried using -V links-as-notes=true.

Can anybody tell me how they do this with pandoc or some other
straightforward application?

Thanks,

Fernando

(1) Example reference endnote.