Setting up a webserver with php

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 18:58:52 UTC 2019

John,

I don't use Debian, but rather Ubuntu (18.04). The package names should be
similar enough, if not identical.

You will need PHP's MySQL module (likely `php-mysql`). You can see a list
using: `apt-cache search mysql | grep php`

As for the MySQL server, you'll want to install `mysql-server`.

--
Karl Wilbur
513-322-2481
karl at karlwilbur.net