devuan_ascii 2.0 accessibility?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jun 1 18:49:19 UTC 2019

When accessibility boot options get used on the minimal-live image, no
speech comes up talking.
There's a bunch of other images but I'm not going to put this on a flash
drive and send to a friend who is trying to rescue his computer since he
needs speech as much as I do.
the README.txt file in the minimal-live directory mentions access and
accesstoram and neither option gets it done here.  This is on an x86
system and I could try the i386 image if that will work but then both me
and my friend would get sub-optimal architecture installs.