climagic

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 20:47:32 UTC 2019

Okay, apparently, I don't even have a /proc/config.gz(tab completing
on /proc/co gives me /proc/consoles)

My installed system is based on Knoppix 8.1 or 8.2, though except for
the kernel and Knoppix-specific accessibility packages, everything has
been updated to the latest Debian Unstable. My kernel version is
4.12.7 and the only package I have installed from the Kernel category
is linux-image-4.12.7. I'm running an older kernel because every
attempt I've made to install a newer kernel from the Debian
repositories has broken speech.

I do have a second hard drive with a nearly stock copy of Knoppix 8.5
that I plan to make my system drive once I can get hold of a Sata
cable(the narrower kind) so I can hook up both harddrives
simultaneously.