Chromium voices

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 20:42:36 UTC 2019

Hello Jace and Chime,

Let me answer after the quotes

Jace wrote:
> Ah I heard there were ways to get other voices working, such as the Flight ones or other TTS engines, hence why I asked

This does not depend on the screen reader (Orca vs Chromevox)
but on the voices you install. If they can be used with
speech-dispatcher,you can use them with both screen readers.

This stands for the voices for which packages are available
for your distribution, as for those that you buy.

Chime wrote:
I thought in Chromevox, it was essentially an Android voice?
No, see my answer to Jace.

Best,

Didier