new technology for me

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 14:25:44 UTC 2019

Hi Didier,

Jude DaShiell here.
First task is to get control of the computer.
My friend may later today be able to have his sister visit and help him
out reading the screen.
If that happens, he'll try to put a dos floppy with an operating system
on it in the floppy drive and boot up and see if he can get control away
from that hard drive.
If he can do that, Ray and his sister will then use fdisk and format to
clean that hard drive with an unconditional format and if that works try
putting a slint disk in the dvd drive and see if that will come up
talking.
He got charged $70.00 by a good christian gentleman computer shop owner
to properly clear that hard drive off and we suspect that gentleman only
knows windows in terms of an operating system and hasn't got a dban disk
in the shop either.
I should know by tomorrow what happened tonight.  He has got one edition
of slint back since that's what I mailed him since he's been off the
internet since last September.