chromium with chromevox puzzle

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 13 23:14:00 UTC 2019

I got chromium talking and tried to log into google with my account and
couldn't do it.  I have an s character in both my gmail address and in my
password.  Whenever that s character is touched in either of those fields
it toggles start selection and end selection.  I need to find where that
keyboard assignment is and change it.  I have united states english
speaking inside those options menus but still have africans in the
chromium window when chromium opens up for some strange reason I can't yet
figure out.