tips for using gnucash

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Aug 2 13:09:10 UTC 2020

Tim here.  Though not much direct experience with GnuCash, I've been
tinkering a bit with "ledger" which does everything in plain-text
files and runs from the command-line (allowing it to integrate with
the whole host of Unix command-line tools).  There are a lot of
resources at

https://plaintextaccounting.org/

which describes a family of programs including "ledger", "hledger",
and "beancount" which all use the same format files.  There's also a
pretty responsive group over on Reddit (if that works for you) over
at

https://www.reddit.com/r/plaintextaccounting/

Sorry I can't be more helpful regarding GnuCash, but wanted to at
least put other options on the table for you if you hadn't stumbled
on them yet.

-tim