Accessible Distros for a beginner?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 23:31:19 UTC 2020

I remembered I had the following page bookmarked:

http://www.openblinux.de/en/index.php?page=download

Which seems to have the URL for a git repository for SBL.

admittedly, I'm not sure this really helps much...

Turns out that I do have a copy of some version of SBL's source
sitting in my programming folder... skimming some of the files in the
debian directory, it sounds like someone might have tried packaging
versiong 3.3.something for Debian circa 2008 as some of the files in
there mention dates around that time and there's what seems to be
skeletons of the kind of metadata stored in /var/lib/dpkg/status for
software installed on Debian-based systems and displayed by apt
frontends such as aptitude.

My system is running SBL 3.5.1+1knoppix1 or something like that and is
based on Knoppix 8.5.x or 8.6.x while I think the latest version of
Knoppix is 9.something, but only available with acertain issue of the
German Linux Magazine.

Considering that Knoppix is debian based and that I get the impression
its a one man distro, I wonder if Klaus Knopper could provide any
insight on how to build SBL for vanilla Debian and its other
derivatives, but I have no idea how to contact the man.