Accessible Distros for a beginner?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 14:09:00 UTC 2020

I mean, why would I *want* to use Debian? Old packages, uses Speakup in
installer which, fo me, at least on other distros, has crashed. But the
main thing is old packages. Then again, there is Homebrew which can run on
Linux, but I doubt it has Orca, or anything like that. I mean, it's pretty
bad when a distro doesn't trust programmers of packages when they say
something is releasd, not just in beta. And for accessibility, the newer a
package is, probable that the more accessible it'll be. This is especially
the case for Orca. And no, a new user shouldn't have to build packages from
source to get the newest one. That should be of the package manager to do
these things.
Devin Prater
sent from Gmail.