Accessible Distros for a beginner?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 14:11:39 UTC 2020

I've used several distros since about 2006, some more than once. Debian
is a very good one, as you say, and it has very good documentation.  I
had some weird problems with it after upgrading to stretch on my old
machine, and had them again when I tried out buster last fall.  Slint is
the only one I've tried on this machine.  I like that it booted up with
speech by default, I found it fairly easy to partition the drive as I
wanted to, and I like the tools it has for using emacspeak and switching
among speech outputs.  That said, Debian also certainly deserves serious
consideration, and its attention to accessibility is one reason.

Al