Introduction

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 13:13:04 UTC 2020

All flavors of Linux provide the same Orca, the same TTS, and the same
graphical environments by and large.

If you're asking which is easiest to install without sighted assistance,
I'd wager most of us would answer one of Arch, Debian, or Ubuntu. In
addition, there's Slint maintained by one of the members of this list.

My advice is to check the installation instructions for each of these
and decide which makes most sense to you.

Note also that there are bootable images of Linux that you can burn to a
CD or a usb flash device. You can get a sense of the environment from
booting one of those. You can also install from one of those.

Good luck.

Janina