No Monitor Environment

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 29 19:54:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the answers on my audio.  I've resolved that but have another
question.

Typically I do not have a monitor attached to my computer.  I'm finding
though that if I disconnect the monitor where I've installed Linux, no
programs will launch.  I can bring up the start experience and such but
programs won't launch.  As soon as I connect the monitor, even if it is
off, then all works correctly.

I installed Ubuntu 2.  Is there a setting or something else obvious I'm
missing here.  I'd prefer not to have to have the monitor connected to
the computer, largely because of how my environment is configured where
I have no monitor around by default.

Kelly