A Live Boot Image for the Mac that Talks

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Feb 1 23:01:42 UTC 2020

I suspect I am about to learn something so here's the deal:

	I downloaded the iso image and used dd to pour it in to a
thumb drive

dd if=imagefile of=/dev/sdd in this case and away it went.

	Several minutes later, the roughly 1-gig file ended up on
the thumb drive.

	The mac is old enough not to have the T2 chip so if the
drive is bootable, it should boot which it does not.

	If you plug the drive in, a message pops up stating that
it is unreadable on this computer

	How do I get the Mac to boot off of that drive?

Martin McCormick