A Live Boot Image for the Mac that Talks

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Feb 2 01:35:12 UTC 2020

If you have or can access another computer that isn't a mac, I'd check
the drive on that computer to see if it also fails.  If it fails, you
got a bad drive.  Flash drives can come from the factory and either work
temporarily or not at all.  Another possibility may be the usb port to
load the drive is bad so maybe try a different port.  Have you ever
booted a flash drive on that apple computer in the past?  If no, then
you're in new territory.  Apple uses a different disk format and I don't
know how this works with flash drives or if it's not relevant here.  If
you downloaded the sha512 file you'll have to fix its format a string of
' /out' is in that file and needs to be removed.  Then you can check the
iso integrity with sha512sum -c Jenux-xxx.iso.sha512.
If you can access the flash drive not booting it, an integrity check of
the iso on that flash drive after you copy the corrected .sha512 file to
the flash drive could be informative.