early warning I hope

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 12:32:04 UTC 2020

Sorry but Archlinux is not something to use for someone blind using Linux,
Debian stable maybe with backports, appimages, flatpaks and snaps packages
if needed would be better with Mate having Compiz under if low vision,
gnome-orca, brltty, espeak and so on are obviously recommended.

Debian testing is also an option but I would avoid if possible.

Ubuntu Mate however has the top out-of-the-box accessibility at a point
that blind users could nearly install linux alone without any help, their
mate menu from solus I think give them their edge, I wonder if Debian could
use it.

I was working on linux accessibility without being a coder, I tried to get
vinux and sonar linux team or similar to move to a debian base hoping to
add a few features that I kept hidden since I need to push a result as a
whole to fix various Linux issues.

Until then I sadly have to avoid to contribute or I would just make it
worse.