early warning I hope

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 17:21:56 UTC 2020

hello blinux.

disclaimer: since I am a TalkingArch <https://talkingarch.info>
maintainer my opinion may be biased.

> Sorry but Archlinux is not something to use for someone blind using Linux,

I disagree with that. Arch is perhaps more complicated than other
distributions, but with due diligence, it gives much more functionality.
also from accessibility points of view: the latest versions of packages
and the minimum number of downstream patches are of great benefit.

> I just ran a kernel update a few minutes ago on archlinux and tried
> rebooting.I can assure you that this is an isolated problem on your side. I have several machines and a server on the arch. and I didn’t have such problems.
to help I need to know: which bootloader you are using and preferably
its configs.

Sincerely, Alexander