Getting started with Debian

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 11:26:44 UTC 2020

If you already have linux and wget on a system,
wget -bc
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.3.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/firmware-10.3.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
probably will help.
It starts up silent so hit the s key then hit enter to get a screen
reader going.
I'm recommending this since you can stack the deck in terms of most
awkward software and get a system installed.
Get into the main menu by hitting < repeatedly until the main numbered
menu comes up and choose the selection to check disk integrity first.
If that passes, you may want to consider setting notification priority
to low and saving installation logs to a mounted file system and then
continue the installation
A long long time ago, the main menu program on acbradio used to have
programs demonstrating linux installations one of which was a debian
installation from a now obsolete version of debian.  You control your
flavor of distribution by editing /etc/apt/sources.list.  And for now,
what you call testing is better known as bullseye.
I hope this helps.