espeak-ng packages

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jan 1 10:08:38 UTC 2020

These work with speech-dispatcher and espeak almost works with
speech-dispatcher, when spd-conf is run spd-say does not work with espeak.
What I haven't yet figured out is which espeakup package to use with
espeak-ng.  The archwiki has no documentation for espeak-ng.
I will probably use festival with speech-dispatcher to run orca on this
system.
I rescued the arch system by replacing espeak-ng with espeak and
installing espeakup and running systemctl enable espeakup.service earlier
this morning.