Slint: No Sound, Screen not in text mode

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 02:54:04 UTC 2020

Could it be e2fsck needs to be run as root on that hard disk?
I think for us screen reader users it would be helpful to have a chron
job run that would repair the hard drive while the system was able to
use the screen reader and let the user know the disk repair job is
starting and to leave the system alone until maybe some sound signal or
message comes up telling them the job is done and here's what got fixed.
I just had to run e2fsck a few minutes ago.