using orca wile using jack

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 11:14:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

Make sure jack2 is using the correct driver and sound device. With jack_control:
jack_control dg
will show the selected driver, and:
jack_control dp
will show the parameters of the selected driver, including the
selected sound device.
Also make sure speech-dispatcher is set to use pulseaudio as sound
backend, and that pulseaudio is using jack as the default sink. I've
found that it does take some fiddling sometimes to get everything
connected, and pulse doesn't always switch to jack automatically, at
least on my machine. One thing I've done in the past is to open sound
settings and set focus to the output device selection list, before I
start jack. Then I can use the up and down keys in the sound dialog to
try and set jack as the output for pulseaudio.

HTH,

Rynhardt