installing speakup on RHEL 7/8

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 13:42:09 UTC 2020

Indeed, but this conversation started over the question of Speakup in a
RHEL kernel.

So, now that we've established the technical objections are all cleared,
it will be interesting whether Speakup is promoted to main or not. If it
goes into main, RHEL would seemingly need to include it at long last. Or
am I wrong about that?

I'm watching to see whether we still have political opposition as we
have in the past, by my memory of events. One would hope not, but it's
deeds that count.

Best,

Janina