Prospects for an accessible and open version of Android?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jun 14 21:34:26 UTC 2020

Or, this is to avoid SPF/DKIM authentication failure.

As an example, I have an email server with DKIM enabled for the domain
name slint.fr that I own and use for the Slint distribution, cf.:
https://slint.fr

So, the receiver of an email sent with a From: address with the domain
name slint.fr can authenticate it checking that the email was sent from
my server's IP address and not further modified if re-sent by a mailing
list to all registered users.

Many mailing lists keep the From: field as is (for this email that would
be: didier at slint.fr) but modify its content, like to add a footer. Then
the email will fail the authentication failure by the server that
receives the email sent by the mailing list, and possibly reject it or
put it in a spam folder, according to their policy and the instructions
given by the initial sending server, written in a DMARC record.

I don't know if this the main reason, but not writing the initial
poster's email address in the From: field prevents authentication
failures.

To cope with this policy, let's identify ourselves in the body of the
emails we sent to the list.

I do it below:
Didier Spaier
Slint maintainer