Bible-fetch: get fast, easy access to the Bible from the command line

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 10:17:19 UTC 2020

Thanks for these Bible reading tips. It's unrelated to sripping off the
verse numbering metadata, but I thought I'd share one of my currently
favorite my favorite tools, given we're suddenly on the topic of Bible
study ...

I'm fascinated by comparing different translations. As one who doesn't
know Greek or Hebrew, comparing translations seems to be the closest I
can come to ferreting out shades of meaning that may lurk in the
original and sometimes get lost in translation. For that, I rely on hand
editing a URL. Here's an example URL pointing to the levitical code that
promotes accessibility. yes, the Bible does indeed require
accessibility! <smile>

https://biblehub.com/leviticus/19-14.htm

Perhaps I should turn this into a script someday. But, editing the URL
is by hand is so easy, I haven't bothered yet.

Enjoy!

Janina