Prospects for an accessible and open version of Android?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 06:59:33 UTC 2020

Hi, Amanda:

I don't understand your question. An Android device is a Linux device.
it runs on linux kernels, implements several Linux libraries. It's audio
subsystem is driven by alsa.

The user doesn't see this, of course, because all of that is under the
hood, so to speak. The user interface on Android is written in Java, so
bears no resemblance to the graphical desktop one might see on a typical
Linux computer, typically GNOME or KDE.

So, what are you asking? Please say more.

Best,

Janina