vlc bookmarks

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 10:26:04 UTC 2020

Le 24/06/2020 à 03:16, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> For command line users of vlc will it be possible to pause in a rather
> long mp3 file and save a bookmark at that spot then later return to that
> bookmark?

I don't know for vlc, but using mpv just press Q (capital letter):
this stores the current playback position the quit. Playing the same
file later will resume at the old playback position if possible.

I just tried with a mp3 file, it works. It also workks playing a
youtube video like this:

mpv --no-video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzOtB6fJhiw

It then quit after having displayed:
Saving state.

When playing the same file next time it displays:
Resuming playback. This behavior can be disabled with --no-resume-playback

Then  it resumes playing where it stopped last time.

It could hardly be simpler, I think.

--
Didier Spaier
Didier