anonymity, threads, signatures, and confusion

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 19:05:19 UTC 2020

I'm not sure who the list owner/administrator is or even if they're
active, but I assume Rich would've already tried to figure out a way
to conceal e-mail addresses without completely anonymizing the list if
he had the access to do so.

That said, asking for users to include some kind of  tag line in their
posts to make it easier to keep straight who said what isn't an
unreasonable request, and while I doubt I'll actually make a habit of
it because I'm somewhat absent-minded and forming new habits is hard
and pretty much anyone can just ignore the request, actually  getting
hostile about it seems uncalled for.

Anyways, my name is Jeffery with a J and an E-R-Y. I don't have a
signature on the e-mail I use for mailing lists and I'm not in the
habit of adding a tag line, though I am in the habit of not
quotingmessages when replying to threads as I think everyone quoting
everyone else just makes messages messier. I'm usually the first to
mention Knoppix, Adriane, or SBL in a thread and I'm prone to griping
about useful hardware features being ditched in the name of
miniturization(among other things, I hate how physical buttons on
phones are critically endangered thanks to touchscreens, I want to
slap whoever came up with microSD and wish every microSD slot were a
full-sized SD slot, the lack of a 3.5mm audio jack is a deal breaker
on just about anything with audio output, and I'm disturbed that you
can't take optical drives for granted even on desktops anymore).

Sorry if my unsigned posts have confused anyone and sorry that I'll
most likely completely forget about this thread more often than I'll
think to include a tagline going forward.