problems with apache2 /var/www/html

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 20:09:54 UTC 2020

Generally I like to see the webserver configured as www-data:www-data.
You can use a different user, but the user should nonetheless be a
member of the www-data group.

You'll also want to look to your php.ini file, specifically:
file_uploads
upload_max_filesize &
post_max_size

These last 2 should either be equal to each other or the post_max_size
should be larger than upload_max_filesize.

You'll also wish to check your directory permissions. 0644 is
generally sufficient.

Examination of the error logs can be very helpful in this regard, as
it's generally a good way to precisely pinpoint the error.

For identification purposes only & in case anyone cares, my name is
Jackie McBride, & I may be contacted at:
abletec at GMail dot com
Please do not copy/paste the email address, as it has been munged to
prevent spam harvesting.

HTH.