a mate install (fwd)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 14:57:52 UTC 2020

--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:57:02
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com>
To: ubuntu-accessibility at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: a mate install

I wrote earlier about mate not bringing up help when f1 key was pressed.
That problem remains.
Something else happening is configuration somehow is locked to a slow
voice and this user normally plays with a faster voice.  By locked orca
configuration I mean you can go through all of the steps to change a
configuration setting and eventually hit ok and the change you made
doesn't take.  Is a reboot necessary to bring the change in orca active?
If that doesn't work, I'd like to know what needs to be done to get these
configurations user-modifyable.