foldingathome-beta can't run here

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 11 22:50:12 UTC 2020

Just  one reason for that.  I don't know and cannot find out what gpu is
used on this machine.  The foldingathome app refuses to work until this
gpu is set correctly and I don't know what to query to discover this
particular model.  radeontool cannot even find a radeon device and I have
a radeon monitor but what this package may need to know is what's on the
card in the computer in which case that'll be some form of intel or
nvidia.  That foldingathome app if it's going to be useful needs to detect
and select the correct gpu for users.