[orca-list] Arch Linux supports accessibility out of the box.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 11:07:56 UTC 2020

02.11.2020 13:46, Christian Schoepplein via orca-list пишет:

> Hi,
hello.
> Am 02.11.2020 um 01:49 schrieb Alexander Epaneshnikov via orca-list:
>> I am pleased to announce that starting from this day, arch Linux
>>
>> supports accessibility officially out of the box.
>
> Do I understand corectly, that speech support during installation is
> the new accessibility feature, but that braille support has been in
> the installer for a longer time already?
installation iso hasn't supported nor speech neither braille til this day.
> In the Debian installer a beep tone is played when the boot menue is
> displayed. Wouldn't it be helpfull to have this also for the Arch
> installation or is this integrated already?

i understand that beep would be helpful. but unfortunately i can't do
that. the fact is that arch ISO uses two bootloaders. syslinux for
legacy bios and systemd-boot for efi. systemd-boot does not support
beeps. so i decided to not implement this feature.

sorry.

--

Sincerely, Alexander.