as I suspected

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 17:36:07 UTC 2020

You could try devuan if you don't like systemd.  It's accessible the
same way you get a screen reader going in debian for installation.
Jenux has for the most part not been worthless, but some hits and misses
do happen.  I think reliance on too much virtual technology where
virtual fails to match real hardware probably caused this probable
failure.  I don't yet know that it is a failure yet but should find out
later.