speakup and links browser

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 4 09:59:52 UTC 2020

I tried downloading a file from a website using links and couldn't
download the file.
Using speakup I was able to cursor onto the desired file or that's what
speakup told me.
However when I tried to download that file I got offered an image file
from another cursor location on the screen I did not want.
I think this is more of a links problem than a speakup problem and am
wondering if it's possible to configure links in some way to clear this
problem.
I don't know what the braille setting would have bought me since I have no
braille display.
As things stand, I had more success with wget and a bash script I wrote.
For that reason I'm going to share this one with the list.
The script could probably be improved by adding a site variable to the
download variable for wget to process but I haven't done that yet.

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# file: s3.sh - gentoo stage3 download script
download="stage3-amd64-20201001T120249Z.tar.xz"
wget -bc https://bouncer.gentoo.org/fetch/root/all/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64/$download