VPN accessibility?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 13:36:51 UTC 2020

My advice would be never to trust a third-party VPN provider that wants
your financial information. It's better to get a cheap VPS and run your
own VPN on that. This way you are in full control of your VPN, and only
you can see your logs, if you keep them at all. I've heard that
Wireguard is one of the best VPN packages available for self-hosting,
but I haven't tried it. OpenVPN isn't bad either. If this seems like too
much hassle, then it would still be better to find someone who can set
it up for you and then just change your passwords or something so that
no one can gain access to your server or your VPN. Call me paranoid, but
I just can't trust any company that says they want to keep me save
online, but they hold my banking info on their servers and I can't see
the logs they keep.