Console screenreaders

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 11 06:11:55 UTC 2020

Hi, With apologies for the slow response ...

Seems my GNU screen tweaks are fairly simple--just the following:

# always show the number and title of the current window
# in the last line of the screen:
  hardstatus alwayslastline "%n %t"

    bell "^G%C %n %t"

     #One additional tweak, not specifically blindness related, is that
     #I like to have multiple terminals in a single console sometimes,
     #like this one that I use with mutt:
screen -t inbox mutt
screen -t sentmail mutt -f =sent
screen -t muse mutt -f =muse
screen -t computer mutt -f =computer
screen -t apple mutt -f =apple
screen -t android mutt -f =android
screen -t savedmail mutt -f =saved
screen -t variablemail mutt -f =confs
screen -t a11y mutt -f =a11y

 <end code>
 The several mutt sessions all come up in the same console (tty
 session). I switch among them by doing Ctrl+a followed by a single
 digit 1-9 (off the qwerty top row).

 Best,

 Janina