DecTalk 4Second Delay After Typing?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 12:21:19 UTC 2020

Hi All: This mystery comes up supposedly after hardware changes in my
Debian machine. Drives-and-lvm changes as I had a drive fail. Anyway I
have a DecTalk U S B running Speakup. If I type "hello world" directly in
to the DecTalk, it talks immediately, but in normal uses, lately I have an
anoying 4 second delay after any typing or keystroke reading. Can any1
please suggest a way to solve this? 1 of my DecTalk experts thinks Speakup
has an exclusive controll of the synth. I am up on the newer 5.9.0.1
kernel in sid. Thanks so much in advance for all solutions. I did write
the Speakup list but I don't think my message ever posted.
Chime