building kernel for ac97 sound card

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 14:22:10 UTC 2020

The sound card drivers are modules, so just build the module if need be.
Ac97 sounds pretty standard to me though, so I think it should be part of
the standard setup already.
The pc speaker is something else though.
There is a module called pcspkr which allow the use of that.
All pc's does not have a speaker though.
Maybe I am missing something in your message?
Regards, Willem