building kernel for ac97 sound card

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Oct 24 18:05:18 UTC 2020

Yes, the problem is that not all mb provide a speaker for pcspkr. So,
even with the module loaded, there may be nothing for it to drive.

This is exactly the problem I'm having with my System76 mini PC. Lovely
box in many ways, but no speaker. I can load pcspkr, but I get no sound.

I've been kicking myself over this issue since acquiring this system
earlier this year. Never again will I make that mistake.

Janina