building kernel for ac97 sound card

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Oct 24 18:40:43 UTC 2020

Have you got something like rc.local on that box?
If yes, you could put an aplay command in that file to play a sound and
have the system play that sound for you before you log in.
There's a purple sound set with a login.wav sound in it I helped a
friend get working on his system since he and you share the same
situation.
I can't help out with much, but that's a problem I got solved on this
end.