building kernel for ac97 sound card

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Oct 26 10:42:15 UTC 2020

I found /usr/src/linux/.config which if I have this right is where make
menuconfig stores your choices as they're made.  So erasing that file gets
you a clean start when necessary.  Reading through lsmod output I find
several sound card elements on lines in that output.  What I'm going to
try next time is to enable each element starting at the end of each of
those lines and going to the beginning of those lines.  Sound card
elements are either in first position in lines or later positions and the
later positioned elements use the earlier positioned elements.  This is a
strictly proper order problem open the doors in the proper order and you
get to the treasure room.