ebook-speaker/UTF-8 long files

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Sep 20 12:30:46 UTC 2020

Tim here.  You say "It tells me to wait", but it's hard to tell
whether it's "ebook-converr" or "ebook-speaker" that's giving the
error.  So it's hard to tell whether it's source lines in the
original ebook that are giving trouble (in which case it would help
to know which type of ebook:  EPUB, Mobi, etc), or the .txt output.
If it's the former, it sounds like an issue with "ebook-converr"
which I'm not sure I know how to deal with other than to try a
different program.  If it's successfully producing .txt files but
they have long lines that choke "ebook-speaker", you might be able to
use `fmt` or `fold` to re-wrap the lines in the .txt so that they're
shorter and hopefully don't choke "ebook-speaker".

-tim