gentoo!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 16:47:09 UTC 2020

Two instances this mistake is in the handbook web page.  First on stage3
file and then on portage snapshot instruction extraction.
The next show stopper happens when I try to use emerge.
/etc/portage/make.conf throws an error stating invalid variable
sync-uri.
I didn't add that variable to the file though one of the steps I did may
have added it for me.