Console screenreaders

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 18:51:02 UTC 2020

Quite an interesting discussion. Many years ago I discovered Jupiter while
looking for screen-reader in Linux which had an exception
dictionary-and-also worked with a DecTalk. Well, in working directly with
Karl, we found a DecPC worked well, but we could not get my newer DecTalk
U S B to play nice. Likewise, Mike Gorse from YASR was not able to get me
DecTalk support, although he was willing to consider a dictionary. Speakup
has DecTalk driver issues which are frustrating, which I've commented on
`quite a number of times. Some1 mentioned SBL? What is that? If I were to
ever switch away from Speakup, I would certainly want a really good review
option as Vocal-Eyes had. And a side question? In the graphical side, is
their only ORCA? We tried getting a 2008 LSR running but not so far.
Thanks so much in advance
Chime