Console screenreaders

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 19:17:00 UTC 2020

Tim here.  I know that YASR works with both espeak and
speech-dispatcher as soft-synths in addition to supporting several
hardware synths.  I wrote up instructions here

https://blog.thechases.com/posts/bsd/setting-up-a-terminal-screen-reader-on-openbsd/

on how to get it to work with speech-dispatcher on OpenBSD.  I
imagine the instruction are fairly similar on other platforms.

-tim