re-sending this: are you interested in natural sounding TTS voices for Linux by Readspeaker? demo link included

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 16 14:08:29 UTC 2021

Well, thank you so far for an interest in better voices. Among the ReadSpeaker
voices which I've heard, I like the better inflection of Heather. And yes,
Didier, I began a similar discussion some years ago, but you know if we don't
gently-and-occasionally suggest access to these speech engines, we may never
enjoy comprible voice experiences as Android or the Mac. Meanwhile Gene
mentions Voxygen. I think some1 from that company actually replied last time
around, but this person didn't seem  to be aware of Speakup or any console
speech. I cannot find any Hypra voice samples, but for a youtube video,
completely in French. Mostly their site talks about a cloud API service.
Meanwhile, I guess so-far there are at least 5 of us who would consider
ReadSpeaker, but I think semantha suposedly sold by Oralux would be my
prefference, depending on prices.
Chime