Gmail and attachments (or...how do I?)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Apr 17 18:30:12 UTC 2021

You could set up mutt  to retrieve your gmail account. Then just use the mutt attachment menu
to save or view each attachment as desired.

e.g. with cursor on desired email, hit v to get attachment menu, use j and k keys to move
to desired attachment, say it's an html file, then hit m to view the file with  your browser defined in .mailcap or
e to edit the raw html with your favorite editor, or s to save to a file.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 04:16:16PM +0000, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> I can only speak for Gmail, and then only for it's basic HTML view,
> but if there are multiple attachments to an e-mail, viewing it in a
> web browser should present a download all link that serves a zip
> archive of all of the attachments... and there's no reason to think
> Gmail's Standard, JavaScript absuing view wouldn't have an equivalent
> feature... Admittedly, I don't think this works across entire
> conversations and I'm not aware of any means of doing entire folders
> worth of attachments... Admittedly, I've never used a dedicated e-mail
> client and have always just accessed my e-mail via web browser.

Rudy Vener
Website: http://www.rudyvener.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RudySalt