SL's response to all inquiries re: Readspeaker voices

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Apr 17 21:11:41 UTC 2021

I don't use an e-mail client, be it Thunderbird or something else, and
don't really get the point of them, but best I can tell from a quick
Google search, Mozilla has been treating Thunderbird like the
proverbial red-headed step-child for nearly a decade and yet it
remains the dominant graphical e-mail client under Linux best I can
tell, retaining a sizeable number of users even among those who have
ditched Firefox in favor of Chromium. The future is hard to predict,
but I have a feeling that, even if Mozilla drops their involvement
altogether, the worse that's likely to happen to Thunderbird is
someone pulls a LibreOffice, releases an initial version of a new
client that's identical to the last Thunderbird version in all but
name, and a new organization is formed to be the nominal owners of the
fork.