Formatting - was Would you be interested in having natural sounding TTS voices by Readspeaker on Linux? demo link included

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Apr 17 23:51:41 UTC 2021

Hi,
Thanks for letting me know how the format shows up for you.
Yea, I've heard that Alpine is good. Is it only for the Console? Can it be used in Graphical too? I'm mostly a Graphical user, but even if its only for Console, I may still check it out.
Yea, I agree that its a good idea to have a wide variety of voices to choose from. Its all a matter of personal preference and I'd like for Linux users to have more of those choices.
Personally I'm not a fan of the more computerized sounding voices. I much prefer the more natural sounding voices if I have the choice. I'd like for there to be as many natural voices for Linux as there are computerized ones. Voxin with Nuance is a good one for natural voices. But I'd like to see more diversity of different TTS synths, every synth has its own style.
And for those of us who prefer natural voices, Voxin is basically our only choice for Linux. It would be good to have some other choices there. If this project moves forward, it would be great to have Readspeaker as another option.
Anyways, thanks for letting me know about the formatting, and for your input re TTS.
SL

"The original formatting was fine here too.  I suspect the email client and its configuration for text handling is a factor.  I'm using alpine.