Best Distro for Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 18:03:54 UTC 2021

Hello John

Slint meets your requirements.

It works well on a Thinkpad X220 and is fully accessible with Braille and
speech from installation to usage, in graphical environments as in
console mode.

I'd recommend you use then "Auto" mode of installation, very
straightforward.

By default you'll get Mate as desktop.

Software for browsing, email, word processing and spreadsheets are included,
and indeed ssh is available.

To know more, some links:
https://slint.fr
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README.installation
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/Accessibility/Accessibility

the subject 'subscribe', then answer the email you will receive.

We are also on IRC: server irc.freenode.net, channel #slint

Cheers,
Didier
---
Slint maintainer